Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Choice

my beliefs are many and diverse.
i take from many trains of thought.
Many aspects that to some may seem to butt heads instead of agree.

i believe in God.
Yet i don't go to church.
i don't want someone to preach at me.
i read the Bible.
i am a Conservative...although lately researching libertarians and their beliefs.

i say this and you may see someone who is anti abortion.
Anti birth control.

Do not paint me with the right side of your brush.

i am not pro choice.
i am not anti abortion.

Confused?

Here is my stance.

GET OUT OF MY WOMB.

These issues do not belong in laws, lectured by old men and woman who only say these things to court one side of a voting block or another.

These are medical, personal issues.

Would i choose to have an abortion?
i have never been in the position.
Typing right now, i would say it would not be my choice.
But i DO NOT begrudge any other woman, man, family facing that question their right to have that as an option.

As for birth control.
Sigh.
Why does it need to be in a law?
Look in your insurance policy.
i did.
i am not going to depend on my employer whether they have to provide something or not.
And honestly?
i don't want to go to my boss, company and have them know whether i am on the pill or not.
And for full honesty again, i am not.
i choose not to add further chemicals into my body.
Again. my choice.
(The thought of a bowl of condoms in the break room makes me giggle)

So.
In this day and age, where we will NEVER see both sides of the street, let people have their own opinions without degrading or shouting them down because they are different...this is where i stand...

I stand for Me.
My health.
My well being.
In my hands.
I would never tell another person what is best or right for them to do.
So, please, don't tell me.

And for the LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY...
GET OUT OF MY WOMB.




No comments:

Post a Comment